Labrador Puppy Teething? Can I buy anything to help him?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2

Former Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any advice would be great please Apache.

Ive noticed Sandys' front two teeth have come out so im assuming he's going through the teething stage and just like babies get all symptoms.

He has gone off his dried food, he wont play with his teething toys, he whines alot.

Thing i was wondering was is there anything i can buy or use to help with the teething??

Thanks,

Admin 2.

Pair of pliers helps ;)

We ended up pulling a few loose teeth out of Ruby's mouth when she was clearly in distress. They popped out no trouble as they had almost fallen out anyway, though she wasn't keen on having mouth held open whilst we sorted it out. Other than that we found there wasn't a lot we could do, other than stick to soft dog food.

Pair of pliers helps ;) We ended up pulling a few loose teeth out of Ruby's mouth when she was clearly in distress. They popped out no trouble as they had almost fallen out anyway, though she wasn't keen on having mouth held open whilst we sorted it out. Other than that we found there wasn't a lot we could do, other than stick to soft dog food.
As in tinned food???

But surely changing his food will give him an upset stomach??

It's common for them to experience some discomfort when teething. I wouldn't recommend changing the food straight away, but you could add some boiling water and let it cool. Less likely to upset the stomach.

Various chews may help, firm rubber may help the teeth erupt through the gums. Some dogs like you putting your finger in their mouth and rubbing their gums. Some dogs will even chew on ice cubes and numb things.

If he continues to be sore then you can pop him along to the vets. They may prescribe a short course of doggy painkillers [like giving kids Calpol!].

:D

It's common for them to experience some discomfort when teething. I wouldn't recommend changing the food straight away, but you could add some boiling water and let it cool. Less likely to upset the stomach.
Might try this in the morning (hes already had last feed)

Various chews may help, firm rubber may help the teeth erupt through the gums.
Bought him two rubber dumbell chews which he refuses to even look at.

He does like his tug'o'war ball.

Some dogs like you putting your finger in their mouth and rubbing their gums.
I like having all fingers :)

Some dogs will even chew on ice cubes and numb things.
Hmm might try that one.

If he continues to be sore then you can pop him along to the vets. They may prescribe a short course of doggy painkillers [like giving kids Calpol!]. :D
Ive seen vet prices!! lol

I'll stick with trying the above :)

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks Patch...

What is the name of the "Puppy Teething gel medicine", and can you give a rough cost of it please?

I know that this depends greatly on area, vet etc. I am just looking at a price range.

(I will go up my local vets' Tomorrow).

Latest posts