Laser Levels Or Spirit Levels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m4tty

Scaredy cat™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Looking at getting a laser level to help out on socket heights in kitchens and for tiling bathrooms etc.

Looking at dewalt dw088k but don't want to pay £150 for something which isn't gonna do the job nice. If anyone's got one of these, does it fire a 360 degree horizontal beam all around the room.

Any feedback on this model or any recommendations please.

And who still uses the good old trusty spirit level and tape measure like I've been :)

Cheers

Got one

Does not rotate automatically , you have to turn it.

Does not rotate 360 if used with bracket supplied as it is limited in rotation by what you fasten bracket to.

Bracket will fit to ceiling grid...use mine for fitting ceilings.. Bracket has two F strong magnets and will hold on an acrow

Will also screw to a wall, clip to a shelf, sit on the floor. Projects a vert and/ or horizontal line. Flashes when out of level.

Great bit of kit and I wouldn't be without mine

Get one

End of

Just levelling

I have one, paid 150 a lot of years back and it's still working now, invaluable tool, yes it's £150 and I tried a cheaper model first but that failed to project a strong enough beam in bright daylight, no problem with the dewalt, great tool for marking straight lines for downlights too, bite the bullet and buy one.

I have been using one for years. Great piece of kit. I fit mine to a plasterboard prop. Use it all the time, much more accurate than a level. Saves loads of time.

I must fix mine...........all singing, all dancing no name job from Makro a good few years back. Vertical & horizontal lines. Motorised with a little left/right key fob and tripod mount. The little RF receiver module inside packed up!