Led flickering

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DennisSpark

Reaction score
I have 6 halogen spotlights in a bathroom but 3 aren't working. It's not the bulb as I've swapped in a good one but still not working. Assumed it must be the driver.  So I changed the driver in one to an led driver and fitted a led bulb but now the led bulb is flickering. The new driver is 12v dc output, max 12w, and the new bulb is gu5.3 8w led. Can anyone suggest why this is flickering? 

Thanks, 

Dennis

Sounds like he already has 3 halogens in there if you were thinking of load issues rev

No, my mistake, you could be right. If there's one transformer for 3 spots each and he's changed one for an led driver......... Oh i don't know,  more info needed i think 

Last edited by a moderator:
One transformer for each spot so shouldn't be a load issue. Might be a faulty driver so I'll order another new one.

So instead of a new driver should I get GU10 holders, remove the existing drivers and wire in the new holders where the old drivers currently are? I presume the GU10 doesn't need a driver?