Level 2 end of assessment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

awmartinn

Reaction score
Got my final assessment in January did my wiring diagram how I'm going to wire up. Seeing if there was a less time consuming way to do my final ring circuit that means I don't have to have the pain of pulling many cables all over. I just did the most basic way in my drawing.

Any advice will be appreciated 💪👌.

Attachments

• 9a9f594873dd23ba9601a27363ba281f.0.jpg
    9a9f594873dd23ba9601a27363ba281f.0.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 5fc6e8e1c8327e7e0ef73ae23f02c0ee.0.jpg
    5fc6e8e1c8327e7e0ef73ae23f02c0ee.0.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 2
Seems okay but try to use correct terminology. It is a ring final circuit and a running coupler not a running joint.

Hey, doesn't state anything that it has to be a spur off the ring, usually it would be a spur off the ring right?

If you haven't been told specifically which accessories must be part of the ring..

Then nothing stopping you making sockets 1,2 & 3 the ring..
And just spur the FCU outlet off socket 3.. {a little less conductors to pull in}
(Appendix 15 page 555 gives an examples)

It can be argued that its easier to connect 3x each conductor LN&E into a double socket accessory.. with just a single LN&E feeding into the FCU.

Because the FCU will limit the load along the spur to 13A anyway there is no specific need to make it part of the ring itself.

Welcome to the forum..
And well done for asking a question and also giving your perspective of how you understand the problem as well.. (y) 🍻
(too many just come on here asking to be spoon fed answers! )

If you haven't been told specifically which accessories must be part of the ring..

Then nothing stopping you making sockets 1,2 & 3 the ring..
And just spur the FCU outlet off socket 3.. {a little less conductors to pull in}
(Appendix 15 page 555 gives an examples)

It can be argued that its easier to connect 3x each conductor LN&E into a double socket accessory.. with just a single LN&E feeding into the FCU.

Because the FCU will limit the load along the spur to 13A anyway there is no specific need to make it part of the ring itself.

Welcome to the forum..
And well done for asking a question and also giving your perspective of how you understand the problem as well.. (y) 🍻
(too many just come on here asking to be spoon fed answers! )
Thanks for the information and getting back to me. Yeah I know what I'm semi doing just making sure I'm doing correctly.

If I was to do it that way In affect I'd run my final 3 LN&E from socket 3 back to the CCU to finish the ring with the fuse switch just soured off.

Got my final assessment in January did my wiring diagram how I'm going to wire up. Seeing if there was a less time consuming way to do my final ring circuit that means I don't have to have the pain of pulling many cables all over. I just did the most basic way in my drawing.

Any advice will be appreciated 💪👌.
The two way lighting circuit you planned is acceptable but you should know there is another way of doing it that is often more recommended.

I think the way he is doing is the best way to wire in conduit, there are other ways with flat type cable,

Agree with poni if the diagram for the conduit layout it correct...
i.e. NO direct conduit between switches.

What would the more recommended be, in terms of getting it done with ease and less time consuming.

I think the arrangement in your sketch is probably the best solution re getting it done with ease and shortest time....

However.. Flat T&E and 3core & E fixed into the fabric of a building is a different question altogether!

Do switches have to contain a neutral nowadays?
If so, then is that including ALL 2 ways and intermediates?
Serious question
Everything we have been doing has had N's in, apart from the lighting circuit where it's just going to the pendant it's self.

do they make flat 4core and earth, solid 1.5mm2, for the link between two way and intermediate switches?

That is where the "consideration" bit comes into play................

Consideration [1]... do they make cable needed for all options.. [Yes/No]?

Consideration [2]... do the work, confirm it is electrically safe, ask for the payment,,,?.

Latest posts