level 3 inspectiona and testing assignment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluenose

Reaction score
hi guys,

i am doing my assignment for the insp and test practical. got to do a list of tools and am not allowed to list a multi tester, all have to be listed seperately. any help on what i hav to put. missed quite a bit at college due to family issues and just trying to catch up!!

thanks for any help

I am sure most of this can be found in the downloads section, though I have not looked. The reason why you have to list all the separate test equipment is to show that you fully understand the tests required, and the equipment used for that test. You should have a copy of Guidance Note 3, and reference is made in there for the type of tests and the requirements of the equipment used. Remember that other tools beside the test equipment will have to be listed as well, like screwdrivers and such like, as well as reference materials.

I am sure the forum members will give you all the help you need. For a little exercise just post your list, that way members can add or subtract from your list, and guide you through what is required.

Don't forget that along with your hand tools and all the testers you will need, you'll also need an 'approved voltage indicator' and a 'proving unit' for safe isolation.

Hello Blue nose......

Welcome to the forumbulator...

Have you got a copy of Guidance Note 3?

If No.... Go down you local Waterstones & pick up a copy!

(think its about