Catch 22 Confused, Need a straight answer. NAPIT Requirements for Self Employed / Sole Trader

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the figure of 30 hours in my head for some reason.

It sounds alot, but as others have said visiting this forum, reading PE magazine, Internet research into a subject can all count.

I don't think 30hrs is unreasonable and I've attended quite a few online cpd sessions with the TV on as well ! Who says men can't multitask 🤣🤣🤣

Sparkyninja and the iet say 30 hours but I think that's just for miet or similar status, we all most likely do much more than this,it's just recording it.
I have my niceic annual visit tomorrow I shall ask then.

It really is a bloody mine field, training providers are just in it to take your money and will hard sell you any and every course under the sun.
The CPS are just one big cash cow. The domestic sector has been utterly destroyed by all this legislation and it was supposed to of cut out the cowboys.
IMO core qualifications and experience should be enough to do any electrical tasks in the industry, not this notifiable non notifiable nonsense, electricity is electricity its dangerous and can kill.
IMO its easier to run new circuits in all new work connected up, than adding on to existing more know how and skill the latter.

Last edited: