Professional electrics, EV charging & design course

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryeszun

Reaction score
Sorry for jumping on this I’ve read it all and I’m getting mixed messages I am also on the verge of partaking in a “professional electrics, EV charging & design course” with access training… so just to get this straight you guys (I’m assuming are fully qualified sparkys) are telling me all this is completely Mickey Mouse (not to sound patronising I’m genuinely concerned) :-

The qualifications gained on this course are listed below.
  • Part P Domestic Installer
  • 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
  • Building Regulations for Dwellings
  • Level 3 Periodic Inspection,Testing & Certification of Electrical Installations
  • Level 2 Fundamental Inspection & Testing
  • PAT Tasting (Portable Appliances)
  • Initial Verification
  • Logic DEI
  • LCL Awards Level 3 Certificate in installing, testing and ensuring compliance of Electrical Installations in Dwellings. This qualification is commonly referred to as the 'QSQ' (Qualified Supervisor Qualification) * Enabling you to join a competent person scheme, giving you the ability to sign off your own work and other peoples. Important if your end goal is to be self employed.
  • EAL Level 3 Award in the requirements for the Installation of Electric Vehicle Charging Points (normally £395 free of charge with professional electrics)
  • EAL Level 4 Award in the Design & verification of Electrical Installations (normally £995 free of charge with professional electrics)
Normally £5,995 reduced to £4,796 with current discount, you can pay over 12 months which is interest free, or over 23 months on a low interest reate.

This is what they’re telling me I will gain and your telling me it’s all useless is that right?

Thanks in advance guys

Post split from hi-jacked post.

Last edited by a moderator:
for a start, part P is a building regulation, not a qualification. says it all really...
Thanks for your reply however I’m completely new to all this so what your telling me is because they’ve listed part p in what they offer the rest of it also useless and pointless ??

Well that is the starting point. I’d be a little dubious of their claim that 100% pass rate? Unless they allow you to keep taking until you pass?

• EAL Level 4 Award in the Design & verification of Electrical Installations (normally £995 free of charge with professional electrics)

Just to jump on one line...

The level 4 design and verification is: (I am assuming the EAL course is similar to the C/G version)

1) Not something most on the tools electricians will have, granted there will be a few on here who have it, but on a commericial site, there would be very few and in the doemstic sector, even less. Its unlikely to be something you need, unless you are looking at going more into designing.

2) Not a course you'll be able to do in a compressed training course after comming into it 'cold' along with the likes of the EAL and PAT testing. It assumes you know about how installations are generally put together, etc, etc

3) Includes a coursework project that you take away, do on your own and then submit for marking.

I have absolutely no idea how they can offer a 100% garentee of passing on a package of courses like that which includes level 4 design and verification if its targetted at those with no prior expierence

To be honest with you mate I’m struggling with what to believe and it’s putting me off this is my situation I’m full time employed 4 on 4 off 18 days off every month and a half full time college isn’t an option nor is an apprenticeship my local college doesn’t do part time courses I know there are flexible courses out there that will give me what I want I just don’t know which one ( I’m wanting to do domestic self employed basically. Hopefully around my current job and in my days off Thanks for any advice

are you going to believe a salesman trying to sell you something or other electricians giving you honest advice? from our point, we don't care what you do. if you want to waste your money then go for it. not going to affect me. I've got nothing to gain or lose from this

from their point, they want the sale and your money

Your misunderstanding me it’s not you guys I don’t believe it’s the (pushy sales people) I’ve spoken to I’ve spoken to two separate company’s both promising the world but something felt off which is why I came to these forums I’m just looking for the right path to go down

if something sounds too good to be true, it probably is

go speak to your local college, they would usually have the best advice and whilst the courses/traning may take longer, you'd get a far better result

Thanks mate I’ve tried the college they only do full time courses not part

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again) also OP no longer posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.