looking to get started in the industry

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wire-me-up

Reaction score
Recently qualified domestic installer city & guilds level 2/3. Trying to find work but jobs ads wanting electricians with 2391 , how can I get this qualification if I can't. Get any work in the first place. Help living in north Devon

Go to college and study the C&G2391.
Or go to your college to be told this course is no longer availiable, and they will get back to you next year when they know what the replacement is.

And in the meanwhile the money they took of you to do this course in cash will be refunded in 12 - 16 weeks ; (

Me cynicaly never :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What johnboy said....

Have you inquired at your local college if they run 2391?

and if they have any pre requisite entry requiremnts....?

there didn't used to be a specific requirement to be employed to do 2391 back in May 2000 when I passed 2391 as an evening course..

:C

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:47 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:45 ----------

Certificate in Inspection, Testing and Verification of Electrical Installations | Construction and Building | Electrical installation | City & Guilds

Last Reg 31/07/2012..

Ok Specs we posted at the same time :)

I registered last year for this course starting in Jan this year,(and paid cash for it), at the time last date to register wasn Nov 2011.

3 days before its due to start they phone me and say sorry not doing it. your the only applicant, we will see who fails in March/ April and wants to retake, its now nearly May, heard nothing from them, time to reclaim money, I doubt I will get any interest.

They still dont know what the replacement is or when it will start

Op, 2391 is hard apparently and I get the impression that experience is required to get a pass, not just workshop practice. You say (like me) you are recently qualified, I would hold on for a bit unless you reckon your fault finding is spot on. It would take me hour to find a loose N in a loop!

2391 is now 2395. Just started it myself. If you know what you are doing and apply yourself correctly then you should pass.

Matt

2391 AFAIAA hasnt existed for quite some time, it has been made into a piecemeal exam so folks can pass it easily,

I 'think' it is now is 3 parts, 2394 2395 2396 or something like that, before that it was 2391-10 and 2391-20 and before that, simply 2391,

so it may be a good idea to say what '2391' (?) you are actually talking about.

I could be wrong on all of the above, I often am.

Your spot on. They have also binned the 2392. the 2394 and 2395 are like the 2391-10 in 2 parts so more money i suppose.

2391 AFAIAA hasnt existed for quite some time, it has been made into a piecemeal exam so folks can pass it easily,I 'think' it is now is 3 parts, 2394 2395 2396 or something like that, before that it was 2391-10 and 2391-20 and before that, simply 2391,

so it may be a good idea to say what '2391' (?) you are actually talking about.

I could be wrong on all of the above, I often am.

The 2394 is initial verification. The 2395 is inspection and testing. We were told if you had done the c+g level 3 u had pretty much done the initial verification.

Matt