Mains smoke alarm with escaape light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilman

Reaction score
Morning all,

Does anyone happen to know where I could find a mains powered smoke alarm with an escape light? I've tried all over the place but they all seem to be battery powered only or commercial emergency lighting units - this is for the top of the stairs in a domestic setting. Cheers in advance.

I have had a look, But I can't find any either.

I have definately seen them somewhere.

Do the alarm & light need to operate together or would independent units be good enough?

It would be fairly straight forward to install a heat / smoke alarm and a separate emergency light. The alarm could be mains powered and either charge itself from the mains or have a 9V battery for the back up power. The emergency light would be continuously charging from the mains and then come on automatically in a power cut. You can also buy emergency lights which can be switched on and off like normal lights for everyday use.

I have seen similar units but where battery powered if I remember correctly and was a few years back now.

Not seen any lately