maintenance company???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wozz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i recently done some work at a local entertainments centre, today i got a letter through from a company claiming to be the maintenance company in charge of all the sites. The letter is could be described at best amateur. I have googled the company and unable to find them anywhere. They are asking for my NICEIC registration details, public liabitly insureance, call out rates, normal working hours rates, CIS registration details. Do you really think they are the maintenance company? if so wudnt i have dealt with them doing the work???? As they didnt order the work do i really have to tell them? obviously if the customer did i would, but this maintenance company is NOT the customer. All seems strange to me. What shall i do? cheers

I would contact the entertainments company and verify with them if this company has anything to do with them, i definatly wouldnt give them any details unless this can be confirmed ;)

Someone may have made a mistake by getting you in instead of the maintenance company and they are trying to pull you in as their sub-contractor. Those are the questions they would ask if they wanted to use you for electrical work in their name.

Don't like the sound of it though when you say it was very amateur .

You can find any details on the company house website.

Be carefull here because it would appear from your post that some electrician may have had his nose put out by you being awarded the job.

Or they may be after your registration details for fraudulent purposes.

The information they have requested could result in your company being used as a front for a scam.

Any contact you recieve from any unconfirmed source should be treated with extreme caution.

You can pm me any details they have provided and I will try to see if they are registered with company house and any regulatory body, on your behalf if you are unsure where to look.

i would ignore it, if they want them they can get them all from the relevant websites ie: nic,inland revenue etc.as for cis details they only need this if thay are adding you to a payroll and need to verify you as a contractor.

thanks for the replies.

i know another sparks that done work there so i will get hold of him and see if they sent him a letter.

i will ask ask customer if they have ever heard of them when i drop off ANOTHER invoice after the account deparment lost the first one.

thanks for the replies.i know another sparks that done work there so i will get hold of him and see if they sent him a letter.

i will ask ask customer if they have ever heard of them when i drop off ANOTHER invoice after the account deparment lost the first one.
what was their excuse for 'loosing' previous invoice?

if they try it on and say they must have your details etc before you can be paid, remind them that they did not make that known when work was carried out and they will be invoiced as per normal and if its not paid, they will be taken to court. should get the point across that you dont want to be messed around