Members doing good...... SL doing good!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well...

memberificaition is now into the 9900's

it'wo be long before the 10'000

so it gets me thinking........

THE FORUM IS STILL BLOOMIN FRIENDLY!

nice one Admin :Applaud :Applaud:Applaud

How do you manage to keep this place ticking good without going into the slanging matches found on *****F*X and other such places?

when you got so many members? ?:|

All I can say is.

1/ I have had a few GuinnessGuinness

2/ I Picked meself a new Tote bag... Only cuz of this place!

3/ I have gleened many a useful tip from this place. :Applaud

4/ Been a bit busy with work and family so haven't been able to get on as often as I would like, but tis always nice to log on here.

5/ Even those I disagree with.... makes me double check why I think what I do! not just doing something because I have always done it!

6/ Good to have all you 'Virtual Colleages' to bat ideas about with.....

That includes you young uns still learning the trade! :Applaud :D :x :Blushing

7/ 8/ 9/ & 10/ KME's Beer!

GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

ROTFWLROTFWLROTFWLROTFWL

well...memberificaition is now into the 9900's

it'wo be long before the 10'000

so it gets me thinking........

6/ Good to have all you 'Virtual Colleages' to bat ideas about with.....

I am not a " Virtual Colleague"! I'm a free man !!! :eek:

:C is a "Virtual Colleague" Me and Sandra are real people

10,000 Members. :Applaud :Applaud :Applaud :Applaud

OK, Let's be realistic here..

Just under 2000 members have posted a message, that's 20% (and that figure has remained fairly constant, since the beginning of the forum.)

Nearly 6,000 members haven't visited since 1st week December 2009..

3,700 haven't visited since a 1 year ago..

So perhaps those members that aren't active after a given period, should be removed or there accounts be inactive and removed from being active members

So in reality, we only have about 4,000 or less real members.............

O)

OK, Let's be realistic here..Just under 2000 members have posted a message, that's 20% (and that figure has remained fairly constant, since the beginning of the forum.)

So perhaps those members that aren't active after a given period, should be removed or there accounts be inactive and removed from being active members

O)
:Applaud :Applaud :Applaud

could they all receive an automated e.mail beforehand tho asking them to log in?

may be just lots of readers?

or could be lots of spam, or people just logging in and finding it didnt suit, ie, wrong country etc.

:Applaud :Applaud :Applaud could they all receive an automated e.mail beforehand tho asking them to log in?

may be just lots of readers?

or could be lots of spam, or people just logging in and finding it didnt suit, ie, wrong country etc.
Excellent idea, and I do believe implemented on some other forums..

:p

What's this fascination with how many members are active all the time Ext?

I have told you on several occasions - People will post when they are ready, as have been the case on many occasions.

How many have actually posted recently, that registered last Year or the Year before?

Admin.

OK, Let's be realistic here..Just under 2000 members have posted a message, that's 20% (and that figure has remained fairly constant, since the beginning of the forum.)

O)
Lets be more realistic....................

Does it matter a fig how many are active, non active, real, unreal, virtual, vulcan, gay, lesbian, white, welsh or Vets??????????? ?:|

10,000 registered members just proves a few basic points:-

1/

The Forum has an active presence on the interweb.

2/

New persons are able to find the forum.

3/

There is a regular throughput of persons interested enough to register as a member.

4/

Persons who do register can then decide if the forum is appropriate, beneficial, helpful.. etc.. etc.. to their personal current state of mind.

5/

If no new members showed any initial interest then no one would ever decide to stay active.

6/

These basic principals apply to pretty much all other forums out in the hyperlinkyspacyinteresphere!

which brings me back to my opening point...

Does it matter a fig how many are active, non active, real, unreal, virtual, vulcan, gay, lesbian, white, welsh or Vets??????????? ?:|

Other than just a nice harmless bit of social banter with some like minded persons.

;)

Last edited by a moderator:
What's this fascination with how many members are active all the time Ext?I have told you on several occasions - People will post when they are ready, as have been the case on many occasions.

How many have actually posted recently, that registered last Year or the Year before?

Admin.
Very few...

My point is people come and go, some will register, but decide not to return.

I've done this on many forums.

I'm not trying to put the forum down, heaven forbid.

But if a member is nowhere to be seen after 12 months, they should be classed as dormant/inactive, after all they not part of the community.

B-)