Meters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DNO's  ?    going to be changing old style meter's for new smart meter type .  pos moving some trunking also.     Also  what is max length allowed on meter tails. Cheers pal.

All landlords meters.   Main meter not being touched .   Any testing needed ?    Thanks pal..

All landlords meters.   Main meter not being touched .   Any testing needed ?    Thanks pal..

If I was your customer, I would definitely be wanting to see the calibration certificate for said meter!

If I was your customer, I would definitely be wanting to see the calibration certificate for said meter!
I have just cancelled out the de-scoob given to you for this comment. I feel that is a just request. I would hope a calibration certificate issued to myself if I was ordering such works.

Should you carry out testing? Yes definitely, at the bare minimum you would need to confirm that the polarity is correct! 

How should you record this? A minor works certificate seems appropriate unless you are going to design your own purpose made certificate, I should think you also need to record the reading on the meter you remove along with the starting reading of the new one. Also as mentioned above proof of the meters calibration/ compliance with the MID.

there is no limit to the length of meter tails on a private meter, unless the regulation about the reduction of CSA prior to an ocpd is being used when it would be limited to 3m. If the tails are suitably protected then there would be no limit to the length.