Mick from Mayo Ireland

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

legs_akimbo

Reaction score
Hi

Mick here, Just paying you a quick vist from "sunny" Ireland (not) and am afraid I wont be hanging round, as sparks is an alien trade to me and you may as well be talking in tongues for all I would understand.

The purpose of my visit however is to ask for your guys help in sourcing a certain product if I may.

I am sure you are all familiar with the 25mm galvo conduit in 3.6 mtr lengths with the threade ends. These have the threaded coupler that comes with them, but what I am on the lookout for is a push fit connector, but I can not post a link I appreciate for spamming reasons.

My problem is the above are over

there are very few push fit conduit manufacturers. IIRC, there is only 1 type that actually complies with the requirements, and it only just manages that

you can fit a threaded coupler even if neither conduit is able to turn

what exactly are you trying to achieve?

'sfine Mick,

I have no idea, have never used push fit galv couplers so sorry, I cant help you, :(

couldnt you dab a spot weld on to them?

Im sure some local buddy could help you out with this.

what are they for exactly??????

Im intrigued.....

Sorry lads I should have been more specific.

I am acually making polytunnels out of them. So any compliances are not in this case relevant.

I stumbled across these conduits and they are perfect for rolling into a 14 ft wide polytunnel by joining the two together, only problem is once they are rolled it is very difficult to balance them to get them to screw together with the threaded coupler, if I could get the push fits it would also enable me to sell them in kit form. , it's all about getting what you can out of the lengths of tube, I was previously using 20ft lengths of tube which formed a 10ft wide tunnel and they were

not really, thats why the 5 post limit to link, and admin and his team have pretty well sorted the spam bots,

Mick, Im not sure, and it will be the weekend before I get a chance to check,

but 20mm conduit 'may' slide inside 25mm, PVC does this,

if that was the case then maybe you could fit a piece inside the 25 galv and self tapper it,

then predrill the receiving end and simply supply a self tapping screw, that would still allow you to provide these as 'DIY' self assembly kits,

would that be a cheap solution if it works?

Mick, a 20mm galv conduit will fit inside a 25mm, a little bit loose, but if you drill it and self tapper it it may well be the answer to your problems.

hope this helps you,

and just think how many joints you could get out of one length of 20mm conduit,!

gotta be good for your profit margins!!!!! :D

Mick, couldnt find your thread mate, sorry,

yep, a 20mm galv conduit fits inside a 25mm galv,

its not a dead tight fit, so should work OK with your curve, as long as its not too tight a radius,

but, its neat enough that a couple of self tappers will hold it good IMO anyway,

an 8" length should be more than enough , two self tappers and place it into the first piece, then simply drill the joining piece ready for the 2 self tappers you provide in your DIY kit.

considering a 3m length of 20mm galv and a bag of self tappers isn't going to cost anywhere near a tenner that should make these profitable for you,

:D

happy days and good luck with your venture.

Latest posts