Minor works cert

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gforce

Reaction score
Just a quick one guys-dont get me wrong im not trying to be a cowboy. Really eager to get going with working and am looking at doing a start up handy man company in the throws to being fully part p assesed and stuff.

Do you actually have to be on a scheme to issue a minor works certificate-or can as long as competent.

Obviously i wouldnt take on a job I didnt feel happy doing-but spurs and stuff.

Obviously if its not legal i wont think about it but need to get out of this business im in and get started with something asap.

Short answer to that is no. Only work that comes under notifiable work would require you to be on a scheme, or proof of competancy given to the LBC and they are notified before the work was carried out.

You should get into the practice of issuing certificates for all electrical work, sets you above the A4 single page cowboys.

Thanks for being so patient with me guys.

So to confirm if i wanna do say an cu change in my own house for the asesment i will need to pay building control first and then sign off on it-then if new company starts doing hopefully loads of minor jobs can use them as assesment for second without buiding control involvement.

Sorry if i seem thick-just dont wanna get in trouble when its so crucial for me at start of new business.

martin

My main job was a c/u change in my own house. I didn't notify the council or anything like that. I intend on just self certing it when I get round to it now I'm a registered scam providering type person. Was a bit worried my assesor might ask about it but took a chance on them not to save me the horrendous amount of money my local council wants.

Just to add to the confusion-say whilst im starting my handyman company and am doing hopefully lots of minor works of the kind that are non notifiable-what do i do in the box where it asks you to put your reference number. I wont actually be registered until after I have completed the course and can only seem to find nic minor works forms-would I just omit it or are there more general forms without the need for this.