More apprenticeships - only if you live in Scotland

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldelectrician

Reaction score
This thread was prompted by me reading another thread and noticing a Scottish Government Consultation

It suggests all companies that win a public contract be required to submit an apprenticeship work plan.

This stems from the baldelectrician going to a tv debate in Scotland last year ; , although I suggested this (and thought of it on my own), other brainy people came up with it aswell :D

The part relating to the provision of apprenticeships in Scotland is in Part 2 , 8 min 10 sec in.

I need to put a health warning in here- you will actually see the baldelectrician on TV, so don't watch if you have a sensetive disposition :coat

To sum up, the Scottish Government have announced that they have made the provision of apprenticeships a requirement when they directly award a contract- every company that gets a contract awarded must have an apprenticeship proposal that is acceptible in order to have a contract.

This is in place for all direct contracts, but it does not affect contracts spending government money in Scotland (such as health service contracts or local authority contracts). This consultation will close this loophole and make it a requirement to provide apprenticeships

Last edited by a moderator: