myson 3 port valve

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
client mate,

got called tonight on the way home,

I advised the customer to get a decent valve fitted but she just wants a cheap job doing, rental property,

and I really dont want to get into draining down the system etc, I just know she wont ber into a bill that size.

Hardy, those two valves are identical (Im thinking), except one is a complete valve and the other is just the actuator,

different actuators wont in general be interchangable

yeah, I'll just call into one tomorrow or thursday, I told her I wouldnt have time to get back till friday afternoon anyway.

just hope its a fairly standard valve they keep on the shelf round here.

Re Steptoe. Hi, I have the very same three port valve in my Barrett house. I Have replaced about 5 in the estate so far due to them failing.

You can buy a motor kit from screwfix for around

thanks db, yes, they are carp valves, Ive been to the job, took the head off and opened the valve to mid position, the lever was completely seized solid, and the gubbins have all melted/broken or something where someone has tried to force the lever across.

Im just hoping my local plumbbob sellers have them in stock,

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:06 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:03 ----------

yep, thats it, looks like they are all the same, just gonna get one ordered methinks, then its job done.

thanks db, unfortunately I need the whole motor body, as I said they have thrashed the other one by trying to force the lever to mid position.

plus, less hassle for me, lift off, screw on, connect 4 terminations and job done.