New 12v inverter not charging laptop

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yachty

Reaction score
Hello all,

Just purchased Pro User (Kingavon) 150w 12 volt dc car inverter to charge my laptop, (Sony Vaio).

Laptop charger power pack light illuminates but no charge laptop to battery or sufficient power to register or power laptop with or with battery inastalled.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Welcome to the forum Yachty. What is the wattage of the laptop? It sounds like the output of your inverter is not large enough, 150watts at 230v is only 0.65amps.

Doc H.

is your laptop model listed as compatable with the charger? does it match your old charger?

if not then you should exchange it for one that is

if so then you either got a problem with the new charger, so take it back, unless its a chinese one from ebay (ive made the mistake of buying one of them)

or could be a fault with your laptop, ive had a laptop where the terminals inside the lappy dont make contact with the charger when its plugged in, unless you pushed and held it in hard

Power pack is fine, brand new and genuine Sony.

Am assuming it's down to compatability or otherwise of inverter. Had just assumed that 150W would be sufficient to charge...........

I am assuming you refer to the laptop Ac adapter?

It's rated input 100-240V 1.3A, output as stated previously.

Appreciate your comments.

Would anyone like to buy a "new" inverter?

Still, I would have hoped it might have breathed some life into the laptop.

As a footnote, dont buy a Sony Vaio, battery life 1/2hr!

My grateful thanks for your assistance.