New Megger 1553

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glaxo

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

just got myself an MFT1553, nice piece of kit, using it is a treat as I did my training on an MFT1552. I was attracted by the bluetooth capability to connect to either a handheald device (Palmos v5+) or a laptop (Windows Vista). Only problem is after pairing correctly the MFT1553 gives an error message (shows "err" in the lcd window) when I try to send readings to either device. I assume this is something I am missing or doing wrong.

Any ideas on a fix guys?

I am trying to send it to a laptop running Microsoft Vista. But the 1553 does not seem to connect to the laptop bluetooth port even though they have been successfully paired. The message Err is displayed in the window of the 1553 immediately on sending the test result via bluetooth.

I also have the 1553 but have not tried sending the results to a pc yet as the way I read the bt stuff was that it would auto fill into the correct part of a form in powersuite so I took that to mean it was not just sending a file but sending some weird data (possibly xml) that powersuite intercepted and processed accordingly. I would thought, if that was the case, that something would need to be "listening" to the bt port and taking these readings and possibly handshaking with the 1553.

If you are not running any software to take these results then I guess nothing is handshaking with the 1553 and that is why its saying err but that is just my (possibly wrong) interpretation of how its supposed to work.

Ian.