New 'old spark' member - recently retired and going through the Solar/PV/Batteries and EV charging purchase process!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wo66

Reaction score
Originally time-served maintenance and installation electrician in vehicle component manufacturing sector. Always keen to understand the background to new electrical and electronic driven innovations and now retired.
I've purchased the EV (MG4 - very happy with it too!) then progressing to Charger installation thought might as well look to the whole electrical supply options. Had four different Solar quotes, none that I would regard as compelling on the face of them and now delving into the components included. Some have OK Solar Panels, Some have OK Inverters and Batteries - none score high across the board for quality, efficiency, support and life-span.. So thought I'd check with Friendly Experts who can help lift the fog of uncertainty!
Hopefully my enquiries and experiences can help others and at the very least provoke lively conversation and an improved understanding.

Latest posts