Niceic assesment

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you guarantee access on the day of your assesment?
by making sure its someone you know!

both my addessments for have been for people i know, so access wasnt a problem. but for other customers, i can see then not wanting someone else coming in to 'check' it

The NICEIC will give you time to get the work done, but be carefull your renewal date is from the time you sign up not when you have your assesment.So if you take 3 months to get two jobs sorted and your assesment takes 4 months to come through, you will be hit with another visit and payment in 8 months time and not 12months.

I pick two jobs that are close and ask the owners if they would be in on that date for the assesment, a bit of phoning around or knowledge of your clients habits you always find at least two who will be in.

Might just do my own job as a major job and hope I get some other jobs asap to cover the minor job-just the previous poster said had to give postcodes upon registration?

Anyway. I take it they will give you a chance to get it sorted as green said

I was suppose to have my pre assessment on Monday for approved status, I need to show 5 jobs!!.

Anyway they called today to cancel, :_| , now that makes me ask the question would they cover my loss of earnings as i have moved work around for the assessment.

Lets face it if I had cancelled, i'd have probably lost my

The other thing I just thought of is when youve done a job at a customers house you are hardly likely to be able to gain easy access to it afterwards lol-like they give a stuff if your being assesed-its not heir business is it. How can you guarantee access on the day of your assesment?
Surely you just ask. I usually have to show a couple of domestic and one commercial each year for my accessement you have just got to ask customer.

Batty

Do what I did, I phoned them and told them the works had to be completed on time or I had to pay a penalty, they cut the work down to 1 in progress and two completed.

by making sure its someone you know!both my addessments for have been for people i know, so access wasnt a problem. but for other customers, i can see then not wanting someone else coming in to 'check' it
I really cannot see why people would not want you to show your work.

Batty

To be honest the real work is in the first fixing, this is where cable choice, cable runs, and all other installation considerations are taken into acoount, this would be the best time for any inspection, because they can see your calculations and cable choice, cable routes etc,etc.

I could if I wished do a rewire totally unsuitable to the conditions, incorrect spacing and proximity to other services and still pass an assesment!

To be honest the real work is in the first fixing, this is where cable choice, cable runs, and all other installation considerations are taken into acoount, this would be the best time for any inspection, because they can see your calculations and cable choice, cable routes etc,etc.I could if I wished do a rewire totally unsuitable to the conditions, incorrect spacing and proximity to other services and still pass an assesment!
Under my part p provider you have to show one first fix on your intial inspection before you can be accepted. This is to show you know your stuff.

Batty

Thats a very good idea I have not thought of good tip and worthy of a thank you

Night all time for bed for me, pir + extend a couple of circuits at an Indian restaurant tomorrow.