NICEIC Certificates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But not on the test results page under the supply characteristics bit.Previously the circuits had a tick box, not the supply ;)
very correct sir.

how many times have we had a reverse polarity and nowhere to note it but to ring supply authority and get loadsa hassle,

now down to customer, :D

my apologies

very correct sir.how many times have we had a reverse polarity and nowhere to note it but to ring supply authority and get loadsa hassle,

now down to customer, :D

my apologies
A very common problem must be reversed polarity on the supply and the Distribution board wired up reverse to put it all right again ; \

Hi guys do the forms need to have unique referance numbers the ones the IEE supply dont ?

Oh bloody hell, look chaps the NICEIC is a charitable organisation NOT a governing body.

They do not mean diddly & they are just a watse of your money.

Do not worry about what they say, make your own forms that are compliant with the current regs. It's as simple as that.

Oh bloody hell, look chaps the NICEIC is a charitable organisation NOT a governing body. They do not mean diddly & they are just a watse of your money.

Do not worry about what they say, make your own forms that are compliant with the current regs. It's as simple as that.
Nice, simple and straight to the point! Applaud Smiley

Bet you're not a member of NICEIC. :D

Don't think 'Joe Bloggs' really knows. None of the electrical bodies are anywhere as well known as CORGI. Maybe because that's a kind of dog?

How many times have you ever been directly asked if you are a member of NICEIC?

Don't think 'Joe Bloggs' really knows. None of the electrical bodies are anywhere as well known as CORGI. Maybe because that's a kind of dog? How many times have you ever been directly asked if you are a member of NICEIC?
Several actually...

especially when a complete stranger is getting your number out the yellow pages..

I often ask where they got my number from.. & why they picked me..

the registered NICEIC bit comes back in the reply numerous times...

I reckon about 7 or 8 out of 10 of my last "NEW" customers, the NICEIC reg was a significant factor in the choice!!

Unfortunately - for other sparks in other Part P Scheme providers That is very true Specs.

And to be honest, before I even became intersted in sparking, The only one that I had ever heard of is the NICEIC. And Corgi for Gas.

Several actually...especially when a complete stranger is getting your number out the yellow pages..

I often ask where they got my number from.. & why they picked me..

the registered NICEIC bit comes back in the reply numerous times...

I reckon about 7 or 8 out of 10 of my last "NEW" customers, the NICEIC reg was a significant factor in the choice!!
Fair play! maybe the NICE - I - C plays on their subconscious!

:|

It is sad but true, most have only heard of the NICEIC.

Once a prospective customer asked me where my NICEIC documentation was.

After explaining to him exactly what they are & what they represent, he told me that unless I got NICEIC approved status, I could not be competant to do the job.

After a few choice words, I told him where he could stick his frickin job. :)

When i first started out i sub contracted to a niceic approved firm. one of the partners idea of testing the earth loop impedance of a ring main was to go to the furthest point on the ring main and test there. This was the result that was put on the test sheets. All well and good i suppose if he had installed all the sockets but they had other workers that had probably installed these sockets. Not good practice as far as i'm concerned.

batty