Non-Electrical... Who's had the fastest puncture in a new tyre???

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPECIAL LOCATION

Trailer Boy - Electrician.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As per the title, I present my case:-

Car due for MOT by 26 Sept.
Already know the front tyres are getting very close to limit.
So got 2x new front tyres fitted back on 9th August.
Car goes in for MOT & Service 11th Sept.
Garage say "Good News, passed MOT all OK":) "Bad News, you appear to have a nail/screw in one of your front tyres!"o_O😲😟
Hadn't noticed any loss of pressure on the dash-board, tyre-pressure-sensors warnings, so was hopeful that not fully penetrated the tyre...
But after a revisit to local tyre fitters today, they confirm it is well and truly punctured..
fortunately they were able to patch & repair...

So.... Don't know exactly when the tyre was punctured..
But it was within 33 days Max!! (9 Aug to 11 Sept)..

Anyone had a new tyre punctured in less than 33 days???????????????
🤔😎🤓😁🍻🍺

About 10 years ago I had a run of punctures over 4 months, I had 3 in one week and didn't go much more than a fortnight without on, but the most annoying one was 2 new tyres fitted one afternoon and back at the tyre fitters the following morning to have the puncture repaired in one so about 18 hours from fitted to puncture repair

My Range Rover, I had 4 x New tyres, £1200 spent, on my way home a damaged cats eye in the road shredded 2 of my tyres. I had to get the tyre fitter to me at the side of the road with 2 flats. The two tyres on the offside had literally done 4 miles, another £700 spent :(

My Range Rover, I had 4 x New tyres, £1200 spent, on my way home a damaged cats eye in the road shredded 2 of my tyres. I had to get the tyre fitter to me at the side of the road with 2 flats. The two tyres on the offside had literally done 4 miles, another £700 spent :(
1hr after service.driving home and puncture on motorway

Had a new roof fitted on my house a few years back. Roofers were a bit sloppy. Still finding nails in the front garden. Beware of parking the van on properties where other work is taking place.

I had two tyres fitted on the rear and three days later went to the garage I use to get some other work done. Next day I found one if the rears was showing low pressure.
It seems a welding shop next to the garage often sweeps debris onto the track in front of their premises and I must have had a metal object puncture the sidewall.
New tyre needed. 😭

couple of years ago was told they had a new van for me at the yard, planned a time move all gear over etc. Got there, told there is a slight snag... it was up on a jack with a wheel off and I had to go and fetch the wheel from the tire place before anything else. Yes the brand new van with about 40 odd delivery miles on it had managed to find a screw probably in our yard!

Not a tyre,,,, but I’ve had a cam belt snap after picking up a cheap second hand car,,, only drove it about 1.5 miles
Did it crater the engine or were you lucky with no pistons banging into stationary valves?
I had a Cavalier that I should have replaced the cam belt on - it broke with the wife driving down to England. Luckily that Vauxhall engine kept the valves a sufficient distance from the pistons. AA man fitted a new cam belt and she went happily (LOL) on her way.

Did it crater the engine or were you lucky with no pistons banging into stationary valves?
I had a Cavalier that I should have replaced the cam belt on - it broke with the wife driving down to England. Luckily that Vauxhall engine kept the valves a sufficient distance from the pistons. AA man fitted a new cam belt and she went happily (LOL) on her way.
Foolishly I had the engine rebuilt,,,,, the guy that did it was shit and I had to scrap it when the MOT ran out

Latest posts