notifable work or not -help

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from the time I asked a customer if they wanted to pay cash... the customer replied "seeing as I'm a VAT inspector I don't think that's a good idea, do you?" :_|
that was a bad thing to say.... i rarely do cash jobs, and avoid it for anyone i dont know.

Yes, same for me :( don't forget re-calibration costs as well :_| Worse bit for me is most of my work (legit & notified extensions) is already paid for notification wise, but just not worth the hassle of arguing with BI's the question of competance any longer.

The big plus is the free reign to go about your business unshackled and not looking over your shoulder.

Apart from the time I asked a customer if they wanted to pay cash... the customer replied "seeing as I'm a VAT inspector I don't think that's a good idea, do you?" :_|
What you meant , of course ,was " Will you be paying cash including VAT " Nothing wrong with that IMO. :D

Hi eveyone,

Seems I started a good topic,

Since my visit, looking at the consumer unit supplying the cooker circuit, it is an old MEM MCB's look like old fuse in size, but have round buttons for the trip and test buttons, (anyone know the age of them?)

the front abone the mcbs is broken and could put half your hand in, so I have recommened a replacement before I do any other work.

As to notifying LABC, I'm trying from the start to do it by the book, once I have a few jobs under my belt i will get Part P reg, as you say will give me a lot more freedom.

Cost to LABC in this area (southampton) is