on the way home job

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Theorysparky

Domestic Electrician
Reaction score
Bless them

old couple had a friend in to cut the grass,,,went through the pond cable.

can i come and fix it,,,,yep after work tonight

do it no probs,,,,,,,,,,

how much do we owe you.......nothing i said thinking no big deal free advertising by giving them a business card

as normal i have to take something.......

I am laughing because something similar happened to me, it was a saterday morning job and the old couple had had a new boiler fitted on the friday, friday night the sockets went off and the boiler.

I went round found the fault in the fused spur, plumber had not connected the neutral and it had shorted, pushed it into place fastened the screw up and all was well.

Down to the money I said just give me a tenner for the fuel and thats fine, she said you deserve more than that, my husband had his own business and I should know, I told her I was fine it was a simple mistake that I had fixed(looking around for the rougue trader camera) she insisted I take more, I left with a cheque for

Expect some more work to come from this , like you say a good job done and the customer is happy all makes for good advertising in its self .. Applaud Smiley

Expect some more work to come from this , like you say a good job done and the customer is happy all makes for good advertising in its self .. Applaud Smiley
Possibly, but they could just tell everyone that they have found a real good cheap sparky ; \ and you get swamped with unprofitable jobs, very philanthropic but sadly won't pay the bills, but always worth the odd good deed now and then eh!

they got my number from a magazine i started advertising in

someone knows someone who knows someone who needs a rewire !!!!!

where did you get my number from ???

a mate whos brothers missus has a gran who used a good sparky

and it goes on,,,comes around ,,,goes around

Bless themold couple had a friend in to cut the grass,,,went through the pond cable.

can i come and fix it,,,,yep after work tonight

do it no probs,,,,,,,,,,

how much do we owe you.......nothing i said thinking no big deal free advertising by giving them a business card

as normal i have to take something.......