Our "Sandra" (AKA Evans Electric)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kme

Fridge Keyholder™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was nice to put a voice to the name, finally mate.

I`d just like to say a big, public THANKS MATE for your help with my problem.

You`re an absolute star - I don`t care what everybody else says about you :slap

There`s another forumite I`ll be buying a pint for at Elex Guinness

KME

Go on KME, give us some sort of insight into how Sandra helped you out :)

I hate being kept in suspenders :slap

Was it something like " Well Sandra, can you tell me the what the best handbag i should get, either Jimmy Choo or Mulberry, one that i could easily put my tools in when doing retail work so that security wont spot me and make me fill in all of those ridiculous forms before doing any work in their shopping centre!

It's called being surrounded by females who want to go them glitzy shopping malls or out of town places like blister, sorry I meant Bicester Village.

But they need some gullible fool of a male to drive them there and then to carry the blxxdy shopping bags!!!

That's me, i'm stupid never know how or when to say NO !

For your information we dough tork loike that in Birmingum , yom getting us mixed up with the Yam yams . Now even Brummies core understand what thame saying .

Specs may be a Yam Yam . O) YamYams live in Dudley,Tipton,Cradley Heath , Bilston, Wolverhampton ,Brierly Hill ,West Bromwich and ,possibly, dare I say it , Stourbridge.

A YamYam will support WBA, Wolves or Walsall but never never ever Villa or B,ham City.

YamYams hate us because we are sophisticated, we have theatres, the ballet, running water . We went to the Sunday market in Walsall and were the poshest people there, middle of winter, people in tee shirts, beer bellies akimbo ,tattoos all over ,metal piercings in face,fag in mouth, Bull Terriers on in tow with studded collars .... and the blokes were even fiercer!!!

When an airplane flies over Yam Yams will run outside and point.

Sometimes they cross the border at night with their spears , steal a child and eat it !! I know this 'cos me Mom told me!! ;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:40 ----------

Did he answer the phone with "Yam oilroight eower keed?" :)
I said to KME "I'm just having a kipper tie "

He said " Thought they went out in the 60s, do you always wear a tie to work then?"

So I think " He core understand me so I put me posh voice on and said .............

............. nah ! oim 'avin' a cuppa tea" !!!! :D :D:slap:slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:49 ----------

It was nice to put a voice to the name, finally mate.I`d just like to say a big, public THANKS MATE for your help with my problem.

You`re an absolute star - I don`t care what everybody else says about you :slap

There`s another forumite I`ll be buying a pint for at Elex Guinness

KME
No problem Martyn.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps a good poll for the forum would be who we would like to meet face to face? That would be interesting.

Sounds like you're from Bedworth to me . (I can tell by the way folk write you know)!!

Just to correct you yet again .... yes we would gerronabuzz ... but we would of course..GOO dowan the boozah but if its a true Brummie it would be for a pintamoild !

We won't have to meet .................. Mr Smith will we ???? :coat :(B-)
Even we do not get to meet him, I for one am very happy about that! He has my personal details so I am reluctant to say anything that would cause a personal visit!! Perhaps he can be tamed with classical music? I don't know, but I would not try it as an experiment.

For your information we dough tork loike that in Birmingum , yom getting us mixed up with the Yam yams . Now even Brummies core understand what thame saying .Specs may be a Yam Yam . O) YamYams live in Dudley,Tipton,Cradley Heath , Bilston, Wolverhampton ,Brierly Hill ,West Bromwich and ,possibly, dare I say it , Stourbridge.

A YamYam will support WBA, Wolves or Walsall but never never ever Villa or B,ham City.

YamYams hate us because we are sophisticated, we have theatres, the ballet, running water . We went to the Sunday market in Walsall and were the poshest people there, middle of winter, people in tee shirts, beer bellies akimbo ,tattoos all over ,metal piercings in face,fag in mouth, Bull Terriers on in tow with studded collars .... and the blokes were even fiercer!!!

When an airplane flies over Yam Yams will run outside and point.

Sometimes they cross the border at night with their spears , steal a child and eat it !! I know this 'cos me Mom told me!! ;)

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:49 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:40 ----------

I said to KME "I'm just having a kipper tie "

He said " Thought they went out in the 60s, do you always wear a tie to work then?"

So I think " He core understand me so I put me posh voice on and said .............

............. nah ! oim 'avin' a cuppa tea" !!!! :D :D:slap:slap

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 21:52 ---------- Previous post was made at 21:49 ----------

No problem Martyn.
Well i have lived in wolverhampton, Cradley Heath, Blackheath, Halesowen, Brierley Hill and finally Stourbridge. My moms a wolves fan, Dad supports the Blues, so you can imagine the arguments sometimes lol!

I wouldnt consider myself a yam yam and would be sure that Specs is definately not a Yam Yam given the context of his posts!,

However every now and then words like "plaise" instead of "please" slip out :^O But i suppose that depends on where I am working.

:eek: :C

Bloody forigners....

gerron a buzz indeed!?
Specs who was your last post aimed at?

If it was me, because i wasnt born in Stourbridge, then all i can say is that i got my visa to move here when I married Mrs RS as she has lived in this area all of her life!

I just cant understand the neighbours who keep on telling me that things have gone downhill since I moved in LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i have lived in wolverhampton, Cradley Heath, Blackheath, Halesowen, Brierley Hill and finally Stourbridge. My moms a wolves fan, Dad supports the Blues, so you can imagine the arguments sometimes lol! I wouldnt consider myself a yam yam and would be sure that Specs is definately not a Yam Yam given the context of his posts!,

However every now and then words like "plaise" instead of "please" slip out :^O But i suppose that depends on where I am working.
The context of Spec's posts is par excelence , and long!!! last one I read was like War and Peace , yes he is a top banana but could still be a Yam Yam .

Joking aside , it raises the age old predudices of discriminating against people because of where they are from or how they speak. ( I of course really speak with a refined university educated accent) .

I used to do work at the Round Oak Steel Works in the Black Country, there were some top electrical engineers there but you wouldn't think it to hear them talk in their local accent.

The common conception is that Brummies and Yam Yams are stupid, yet the Midland accents go back to our Anglo Saxon roots .

To the English, all Scotsmen sound educated and middle class except for Glaswegians.

The English can only determine two Welsh accents, North and South. All the Welsh are teachers or miners but are friendly.

A Scouser will nick the wheels off your car or tell you a joke.

Cockneys are all like Del Boy, Landoners are unfriendly and will ignore you .

Geordies are Bloody Great, Way hey! Bonnie Lad, ! I worked up there . Talk funny but great!!

All preconceptions , don't take offense, must do an invoice , back with more.

Spot on deke about cockneys and lardoners mate. Proper ignorant. I like it when you walk down the street and you acknowledge other people say hello or nod. Older people still do sometimes but most just ignore. :)