Phase colours

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chilliepot

Reaction score
I supose that after brexit we will be returning to the more logical colour coding. Red, yellow and blue for phase colours. Red and black for live and neutral. 

Makes sense doesn't it? 

I supose that after brexit we will be returning to the more logical colour coding. Red, yellow and blue for phase colours. Red and black for live and neutral. 

Makes sense doesn't it? 

Shouldn't you be concentrating on finishing off the Iraq Enquiry?

:slap

Shouldn't you be concentrating on finishing off the Iraq Enquiry?

:slap
Ah yes, I see what you have done there now.  You have confused the Poster's name with the Surname of the gentleman conducting the Iraq inquiry.....Mr Chilcott i believe.

unless it was a thinly veiled attempt at humour 

Tony S - I look forward to that because my own experience in low light is that Brown black and grey are easily confused. But that's just me. 

Makes sense doesn't it? 

No we won't because these colours have been replaced by brown, black and grey, like it or not, and yes, there are issues with the B, B & G colours.

However, this is NOTHING to do with the EU & EVERYTHING to do with the IEC, which we are, and will remain a member, because it has stuff all to do with the EU.

I have scoobed you there Sidewinder, only for your comment .

Cenelec is nothing to do with the EU and it is the Cenelec maintenance program that acts to issue advances, consequently re issues of standards. Every advance and standard to a revue period determined at inception under the revue program which Cenelec call a maintenance program.

The electrical industry will see very little change in advances, and the 18th edition will be released in July 2018. Enjoy.

ERM,

Am I getting it all wrong then,

When did we stop with 

RED

WHITE

BLUE

????

:C

Just before I started my apprenticeship. When we moved the quarries primary crusher switchroom half the wiring was RWB the other half new fangled RYB. The old boys moaned just the same as with the introduction of BBG.

Working in coal and iron plants BBG was a disaster in the making, dark and dusty RYB / RWB stood out.

Last edited by a moderator: