pipes claning

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a perfect world, the system is 100% sealed and contains 100% water, which by its very nature contains air. Sort of half making it up I think, something somewhere tells me it's on the right track, along with your Hydrogen from corrosion thing. I'm pretty sure I know what I mean.
Gas dissolves in water, this would include the oxygen and nitrogen in the air. As water is heated it loses it's ability to hold onto the dissolved gasses. This is why ice cubes made from tap water fresh from the tap freeze cloudy, but if you use boiled water from the kettle the ice freezes clear.

It's nowhere near half.

In a perfect world, the system is 100% sealed and contains 100% water, which by its very nature contains air. Sort of half making it up I think, something somewhere tells me it's on the right track, along with your Hydrogen from corrosion thing. I'm pretty sure I know what I mean.
It's nowhere near half.
What's nowhere near half of what?
:D

Sooo..... did I get it right?
No. But to be fair when you said water contains 50% air you didn't specify if you meant be volume, molar quantities etc. It's still only a little bit and not really where the gas comes from in your radiators (maybe a tiny contribution the first time you fill it up and bleed the rads, but once it's been hot most dissolved gas will escape. The system is sealed so that water doesn't escape, air can't get in unless you have a wet carpet or empty header tank.

No. But to be fair when you said water contains 50% air you didn't specify if you meant be volume, molar quantities etc. It's still only a little bit and not really where the gas comes from in your radiators (maybe a tiny contribution the first time you fill it up and bleed the rads, but once it's been hot most dissolved gas will escape. The system is sealed so that water doesn't escape, air can't get in unless you have a wet carpet or empty header tank.
Yeah, thought there was an element of vivid imagination in that somewhere.

And for the record, a sealed system doesn;t have a header tank. ;) But I know you knew that.

Gas dissolves in water, this would include the oxygen and nitrogen in the air. As water is heated it loses it's ability to hold onto the dissolved gasses. This is why ice cubes made from tap water fresh from the tap freeze cloudy, but if you use boiled water from the kettle the ice freezes clear. It's nowhere near half.
just too add increases with presure

just too add increases with presure
yes it does :D

sodastream-seltzerstarterkit.jpg

No. They were truly awful. Had one as a child. Made brownish cokeish tasting stuff. Not good!My Mum may still have it in the loft if you want it ;)
Best beverage based substance ever. I love Sodastream. :)

Have you seen Peter Kay's Rolla Cola routine? (reminds me of that "CHEAP POP")
Certainly have. :)

Sodastream is more like pub pop, extra syruppy, or it is when I make it.

thanks but sounds like lurch wants it more. May be he could send you the postage