Purchasing Solar Panels

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikey B

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

I have looked at the threads on here but could not find a specific answer to this.
I am looking to buy a single 300W or 400W panel. There are so many producers, retailers, Ebay etc. I find it difficult to choose one. (physical size is not important)
So I wondered is there a best option for me (or do I just go for the cheapest one I can find on Ebay) Where would you guys buy from?
Intended use is for a 12V DC setup - lighting etc with LifePo4 Lithiun Ion battery and Controller.

Thanks for any advice

Hello Guys,

I have looked at the threads on here but could not find a specific answer to this.
I am looking to buy a single 300W or 400W panel. There are so many producers, retailers, Ebay etc. I find it difficult to choose one. (physical size is not important)
So I wondered is there a best option for me (or do I just go for the cheapest one I can find on Ebay) Where would you guys buy from?
Intended use is for a 12V DC setup - lighting etc with LifePo4 Lithiun Ion battery and Controller.

Thanks for any advice
Post and packing is going to cost as much as the panel, so your best option is to find a local supplier. There's quite a few on FB market place and you can always try your local electrical wholesalers.

Thanks for your reply Binky,
I didn't find much on FB local to me.
So I am thinking of this Solar Panel from Ebay or Amazon which includes free postage, quick delivery, good efficiency and six diodes.
340w Solar Panel Mono HUGE 20% Efficiency 168x100cm CraigSolar.co.uk
Does this look to be a good purchase to you?

Thanks for your reply Binky,
I didn't find much on FB local to me.
So I am thinking of this Solar Panel from Ebay or Amazon which includes free postage, quick delivery, good efficiency and six diodes.
340w Solar Panel Mono HUGE 20% Efficiency 168x100cm CraigSolar.co.uk
Does this look to be a good purchase to you?
Sounds quite standard to me, no problem with that. How much? Trouble with panels is they usually get delivered on a pallet, and a pallet is around £110 whether it's 1 or 20 on it.

Thanks Richard, yes the one you linked is cheaper at £239 but the 340W panel I was looking at is £249 so I thought it may be worth the extra tenner. It is free delivery Binky with no extra charge for pallet as far as I can see.

My son bought one for the roof of his motor-caravan and it was just wrapped in cardboard. There was no-one in so the courier, (Yodel), threw it over a six foot gate. Fortunately it survived undamaged.

My son bought one for the roof of his motor-caravan and it was just wrapped in cardboard. There was no-one in so the courier, (Yodel), threw it over a six foot gate. Fortunately it survived undamaged.
Hopefully they are a bit more careful now.

Thanks Richard, yes the one you linked is cheaper at £239 but the 340W panel I was looking at is £249 so I thought it may be worth the extra tenner. It is free delivery Binky with no extra charge for pallet as far as I can s
I can get a panel around 400w for £120+vat trade. I would try your local electrical wholesalers, most will deliver in the local area for free. Ok you won't get my prices, but, I suspect you will do better than ebay.

I can get a panel around 400w for £120+vat trade. I would try your local electrical wholesalers, most will deliver in the local area for free. Ok you won't get my prices, but, I suspect you will do better than ebay.
Thanks Binky, I will call into to see them when they reopen and see what they can come up with.