Quick 206 question

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeánH

Reaction score
Can someone please define live and line conductors, and identify which relates to the brown, blue, green/yellow insulated conductors in 3core flex cable.

Am i right in saying that live conductor contains both the live and neutral with a separate cpc. A line conductor has a separate line, neutral and cpc. or have I got it mixed up? I did right it down but cant understand my own writing headbang lol

A conductor is a single wire or cable.

Cables can have more than one conductor.

Live and Line mean the same.

In 3 core flex (flexible cable), the brown is the live conductor, the blue is the neutral and the yellow and green the earth

Twin and Earth (T&E) contains a live conductor, a neutral conductor, which are both sheathed their appropriate colour, and it also contains an unsheathed earth, that is then sleeved with earth sleeving to cover the exposed wire at the terminations.

A conductor is a single wire or cable.Cables can have more than one conductor.

Live and Line mean the same.

In 3 core flex (flexible cable), the brown is the live conductor, the blue is the neutral and the yellow and green the earth

Twin and Earth (T&E) contains a live conductor, a neutral conductor, which are both sheathed their appropriate colour, and it also contains an unsheathed earth, that is then sleeved with earth sleeving to cover the exposed wire at the terminations.
Sorry to disagree with you spin but i thought Live conductos meant Line or Neutral so Live conductors would be either Brown or Blue whereas Live is Live which is Brown.

Im not picking at what you said at all cos im not like that. Am i right or have i gone wrong somewhere.

Thanks

Don't forget that Live and Neutral are both Live conductors. :)

Sorry to disagree with you spin but i thought Live conductos meant Line or Neutral so Live conductors would be either Brown or Blue whereas Live is Live which is Brown.Im not picking at what you said at all cos im not like that. Am i right or have i gone wrong somewhere.

Thanks
That's alright, I don't mind people disagreeing with me, especially when I'm wrong.

You are quite right, Live does refer to Line or neutral.

so can someone please clarify how accurate this is and correct me if im wrong (probably) ROTFWL A live conductor contains both the live and neutral with a separate cpc. A line conductor has a separate line, neutral and cpc. The line is brown, the neutral is blue and the cpc is green/yellow I really need to stop rushing my notes bad day explode

so can someone please clarify how accurate this is and correct me if im wrong (probably) ROTFWL A live conductor contains both the live and neutral with a separate cpc. A line conductor has a separate line, neutral and cpc. The line is brown, the neutral is blue and the cpc is green/yellow I really need to stop rushing my notes bad day explode
This is exactly why I didn't want to try explaning about live conductors.

A conductor is single, on it's own.

I'm going to edit your post to see if that will help:

so can someone please clarify how accurate this is and correct me if im wrong (probably) ROTFWL A Cable contains both the live and neutral with a separate cpc. A Cable has a separate line, neutral and cpc. The line is brown, the neutral is blue and the cpc is green/yellow I really need to stop rushing my notes bad day explode