Raifki panels and Door magnets

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Blue

Reaction score
Evening All I need to connect some door magnets to the above system its the one with everything on a radial with dill switches . In the manual I see it has an Aux 24v supply and I thought you would be able to come out of this into the door magnets . Although the manual says you must run via an external relay and Psu . But I don;t see the point in having the Aux supply if you cannot use it ? Anyone with any info appreciated .

Evening All I need to connect some door magnets to the above system its the one with everything on a radial with dill switches . In the manual I see it has an Aux 24v supply and I thought you would be able to come out of this into the door magnets . Although the manual says you must run via an external relay and Psu . But I don;t see the point in having the Aux supply if you cannot use it ? Anyone with any info appreciated .
You would use the aux connections to operate external equipment with a large switching current when then alarm panel is activated, in this case the coil of the relay as the current output from panel is not large enough to be used to operate door magnets.

The purpose of the relay is to switch the supply to the magnets when the panel is in 'alarm state'. If the panel has a spare fire relay built-in then you could use that instead of a relay, if not then you'll need a dedicated external 24V PSU and a relay to switch the supply on alarm activation.

C-Tec do a nice unit which is a 24V 250mA power supply with a relay built into it. Put this onto the conventional 24V sounder circuit and then connect your door magnets to it.

Latest posts