Removing Redcare

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whats the easiest way to get redcare disconnected? property is empty, but still has an alarm installed with redcare sticker and connected to phone line. it may have already been disconnected though (as part of the works, the alarm is to be removed)

or just remove alarm, and see if anyone turns up?

how long had it been empty... i have " removed " one before , and as the person who had the bouilding beofre hadn't paid for the redcare as they went bust they never showed up...

i used to work in insurance in 2004 and back then there werent enough police to come out ound here when needed so i doubt much has changed. Id risk it and see whether they turn up. Be a laugh wouldnt it

Who's alarm is it? If the reason you're ripping it out is due to a new owner going in and there's no ARC details on any stickers then just yank it and play dumb. If there are details of the ARC on it ring them and tell them what's going on, they may or may not tell you if it's active, either way you've told them what is going on so yank it and play dumb!

If you cut the line first it will go into line fault which will just get the engineer out, and not the police, if anyone at all is alerted. ;)

From experience just take the phone line off, the first thing that will happen is the ARC will try and ring the premises to alert customer of line fail, if that soesnt happen then they could ring police but if that happens as said before play dumb and you know nothing.