Requesting information from DNO

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gselectrical

Reaction score
Morning all.

I have just completed some work at a large residential home. I can not verify the size & type of the primary overcurrent protective device. Now I don't normally contact the DNO for this information on domestic properties following many unsuccsesfull attempts. I usually state "80A HRC Type 2 - Assumed" which my assesor is happy with.

As this is a much larger installation I dont think I should "assume".

Anyway I am based in Mid-North Wales and the DNO is Scottish Power. I have tried loads of numbers and just get passed from one person to the next. No one seems to know which sector/department keeps this information. Its a joke to be honest.

I was just wondering if anybody in my area has a number to contact them on and has had success in the past!

Cheers lads/gals.

BTW. The cut out is a 3 phase type, completely enclosed so can not see any numbers etc. Not that it would be much use anyway

GS

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there any info on site from when the home was built as more than likely this would be on any certs that they may hold on record.

Contact OFGEM if your given the runaround it may be that the DNO is a welsh company and the supplier is Scottish Power. OFGEM will know Phone: 020 7901 7003 or 020 7901 7119

Fax: 020 7901 7066

Email: [email protected]

Contact us

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a guy who used to work for Power Systems carrying out maintenance,, he was laid off in the recent cull,,,, lives up your way IIRC

I'll send him an email and see if he's still got any contact details

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:09 ----------

I've just him an email GS, I'll pm you when he replies

I know a guy who used to work for Power Systems carrying out maintenance,, he was laid off in the recent cull,,,, lives up your way IIRCI'll send him an email and see if he's still got any contact details

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:09 ----------

I've just him an email GS, I'll pm you when he replies
Thanks Noz. Appreciated.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 18:18 ---------- Previous post was made at 18:13 ----------

Is there any info on site from when the home was built as more than likely this would be on any certs that they may hold on record.
Funnily enough there is information on site, previous certs etc. But unfortunately the previous contractor didn't have a clue what he was on about. He noted the the primary overcurrent protective device as a 100A isolator, when it is a large 3 phase cutout feeding bus bar trunking and 23 3 phase destribution boards...assh0le.