Ripoff sheds

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to go to B&Q this afternoon for 2 x 60vA transformers, a 6 term JB and 2 x 50w MR16 lamps.... F..in cost me nearly

Noz if you want to come out my way I would have sold them to you for a tenner but fuel cost and time may spoil that a bit.

Batty

"however the customer thought my cost was quite fair "

It may be a bit cheeky but you can charge your customer the B&Q price for ANY accessories you fit. This is, generally, the only price comparison they have.

The fact that you bought them cheaper at a wholesaler is irrelevant. You get your discount because you buy lots of goodies from them. Your customer will only buy the odd plug or lamp once in a while.

Marking up your materials allows to you get something back when a job goes pear-shaped for whatever reason. You may not need to increase your charges for extra time/labour and your customer is happy because you've stuck to your original quote.

Generally only works for domestic, though.

J.

"however the customer thought my cost was quite fair "It may be a bit cheeky but you can charge your customer the B&Q price for ANY accessories you fit. This is, generally, the only price comparison they have.

The fact that you bought them cheaper at a wholesaler is irrelevant. You get your discount because you buy lots of goodies from them. Your customer will only buy the odd plug or lamp once in a while.

Marking up your materials allows to you get something back when a job goes pear-shaped for whatever reason. You may not need to increase your charges for extra time/labour and your customer is happy because you've stuck to your original quote.

Generally only works for domestic, though.

J.
I do markup materials (between 15% & 20%) and sometimes have to use this markup to compensate for when things go wrong,,, but not as much as B&Q..

If my wholesaler can make a profit at

Hello Noz, keep saying it, Wholesale-retail-wholsale -retail if you walk into B&Q you are a member of the public although on saying that , they have trade counters now , bet their discounts are carp though.

Deke

The problem is with all sheds is that for some things you can't get them cheaper anywhere...(even the manufacturer direct)!!! but for others they mark them up by such a huge amount that they are taking the p......

Never mind,,

The problem is with all sheds is that for some things you can't get them cheaper anywhere...(even the manufacturer direct)!!! but for others they mark them up by such a huge amount that they are taking the proverbialNever mind,,
i think you mean :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O