Ruddy laptops

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky2013

Reaction score
Code:
I'm not a happy bunny, streetlighter purchased me a new dell laptop just over a year ago, 2 days ago the laptop started performing very poorly  restarted it  and all of a sudden it would not boot to windows, I was getting full black screen.
Run some diagnostic testing on it.. Came up with error codes rung dell who stated the error code was in fact hard drive failure/death.

Dell representative: the laptop in question is out of warranty miss eaves, but we will replace the hard drive free of charge but there will be a charge for the engineer to attend to rectify it, this will cost

I would have said minimum 3 years personally

Thus IMHO and I'm not sure n others opinions would you class it as not being fit for purpose?

The reason being is streetlighter has said about claiming under this, as the laptop has not reached reasonable life expectancy

Only if the laptop is 8monthsoldmormless from what I've read

I just missing being on the laptop, the iPad is great but I can't play me fb games on it :(

Luckily i managed to save all the business docs off the laptop and some other bits n pieces b4 it went completely

hi, The Sale of Goods makes reference to durability which gives you the right to expect items to last for a reasonable amount of time. Less than 2 years isn

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv just thrown the sale of goods act at them mysteriously they're repairing it free of charge all of a sudden and they're collecting it n taking it to the dell service cr

If you have no joy, did it come with a system disc or did you make one? The only reason is you could change the hard drive yourself and then set it to factory settings using the discs and it would be cheaper than sending it to dell

No the recovery disk is shadowed on the hard drive, it's all ok now dell r collecting it to repair it free of charge! I would have just changed it myself ordinarily but the motherboard has 3 year guarantee and by me opening the laptop up would void that

good show,

I had a dell laptop [still have it actually] and just outside the 3year warranty the DVD burner started playing up, rang/emailed dell for about 3or4 weeks before they finally relented and sent a new DVD drive out,

they also said it was out of warranty but would replace it FOC as goodwill,

they sent a new drive to me, :D , I changed DVD drive myself and still no different, turned out to be a nasty corrupt windoze driver, :|

I dont use windoze anymore, :D

Reminds me i need to order a HDD for my laptop so i can play games at work while i wait for the office people to decided if im allowed to aorder some starters and a few lamps...

The bloke I spoke to on the fine in the end basically admitted that the quality isn't wat it used to be! He was really helpfull but he was open n honest and said its a good job it's not a dell xps iv got as they've just recalled a bat h of them that have screen issues and spider cracks!