Running SWA Cable Under Concrete Footing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This near killed a plumber

58ce76a9f2bc6_blue20house20service20cable202_zpsp0zdjj7g.jpg.421c7aa9e7a946a898ffd79638ddbe6c.jpg

This near killed a plumber

58ce76a9f2bc6_blue20house20service20cable202_zpsp0zdjj7g.jpg.421c7aa9e7a946a898ffd79638ddbe6c.jpg

Tony just for clarification:

Presume these IS cables running out of or in a Haz Area in an industrial setting? Cables including SWA are usually blue for Intrinsically Safe circuits.

If that is the case then only it would just be the fright of cutting a cable that would kill him as the energy is very limited in an IS circuit (as I am sure you know :) ).

If it was this batch of SWA you referred to earlier being used on mains then oh dear, that is not good.

NJUG is a terrible acronym.

Thought the DNO made their own rules?
NJUG, was an attempt to standardise things, they advise on lots of things, like not cutting tree roots when digging. When I did my Highways course years ago I had to learn most of the NJUG stuff and it was a pain, mind you I did get a laugh out of it. The average person does sign,light and guard the course is about £400, anyway the one I did was the full hit and cost a couple of grand! I was having an argument with this bloke from the council and he commented that he knew more than me because he had his "highways ticket", he showed me the card and it was just the basic, sign light and guard. I pulled out mine and announced "full house, read it and weep". that ended the argument.