Sds Core Drills

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought clutches were specifically designated for core drilling, like Andy says you dont want one of them catching.

Having said that, my milwaukee drill driver about broke my wrist with one of them Armeg solid floor cutters in chipboard flooring, bloody thing
I had that when a big mouthed labourer was drilling some 35mm holes for me through joists with my Milwaukee combi using an auger bit,

he didnt need no nancy handle,

then the girly squeal followed,

my,

how we laughed, even the joiner had felt its wrath with a 30mm spade bit doing doors, he nearly pissed himself,

:slap

Well, they have got one, but obviously you can use it without. My Makita is the same, used it for driving some 100mm concrete screws in to brickwork, never again. My wrist could take it but I don't think the drill could, nearly tore itself in half. 1/2" impact driver next time.

anyone know of a good manufacture that does an sds unit on which you can turn down the power ?

the core drills are playing havoc with my wrists ???
MINE TOO

neither have I, my SDS has a clutch thats stopped it from throwing the drill around...
Mine has a clutch.................didnt save my wrst this time though, because I was operating the drill at an awkward angle using my weaker hand to pull the trigger with my wrist slightly bent, the small twist before the clutch dropped was enough to give me a scaphoid fracture :|    3 weeks left in a split brace.......no driving = no work

To adjust the clutch (Makita 8406)

Remove the rubber shroud on front of drill.

Remove the four screws (black head fairly long)

Pull front of drill away from the rear, be careful and do it slowly otherwise you may disturb gearing.

You should now see a large oval shaped bolt. This needs to be tightened down. You will require a large spanner and a vice or some grips to hold unit.

If you over tighten it you will have no clutch!! So be warned.

Latest posts