Security camera (not CCTV)

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got an enquiry to fit a camera for an old dear,, she's getting nusience door knocking at stupid times of night...

Obviously she doesn't want an all singing all dancing 4 channel CTTV with DVR, so I was thinking of one of those that connect to the video player/tv so she get's an immediate picture when visitors call and it will record the nusience door knockers to video...

I've also seen one that records to memory card!

Any ideas??

I'll also be looking at putting a security light up!!

One of the more simpler ways is to wire a web camera up.

Connected to the pc and always recording.

However some of the picture quality may not be up to the police requirements.

We have our very own cctv enthuisiast, (well he has more cameras than anyone else I know), on this forum so he will give you better advise than I can ever give.

One of the more simpler ways is to wire a web camera up.Connected to the pc and always recording.

However some of the picture quality may not be up to the police requirements.

We have our very own cctv enthuisiast, (well he has more cameras than anyone else I know), on this forum so he will give you better advise than I can ever give.
I didn't know if it needs to be evidential, I will probably have to give the police officer who recommended a camera a call...

I know Badger has loads of cameras but I think that kind of system would be a bit of overkill for her.

I know Denmans do a security light with integral camera & video camera.

500w floodlight

2M pixel Digital Camera

Built In Video Recorder storing >2500 images

I installed one in my previous house. It was only a micromark, but it was great.

You could work it off of the desktop control unit or by using the Remote control -It moves in ALL direction and was Fab.

I connected it straight upto the VCR. I also bought an extra for it....

... A time and Date stamp.

This system sounds like the one that you need. Especially if your client is an Elderly Lady.

The remote control is a Godsend.

She is alo able to hook up another camera to the same system (Should she want or need to) IE. If she also needs to protect the rear of her property too.

PS - Does she want it to be seen?

If not - there are cameras out there that are designed to look like a PIR.

A family member had one. Black and white and had sound too. Scart lead on the end - just plug into TV or Video and away you go (Via AV Channel).

This is the one that I had...

Micromark_Motorised_Camera_with_Remote_Control.jpg

I would say that it would be a good deterent if it was visible...

Personally given that it's an old dear, I'd want something that's simple to use (plug and play)

It might be worth getting one of the PIR floods that take a memory card then if there's any problem, just wizz out the card and ID the culprits.

Noz - You can't get simpler than the system I mention, Above.

After going to see her, I think it'd be better if it was a self contained system that can be viewed on TV....

Something like

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10647539&fh_view_size=10&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB&fh_search=security+camera&fh_eds=%c3%9f&fh_refview=search&ts=1257791294815&isSearch=true

But they don't really give much info in it:( so I'll have to go instore and have a good look.................unless someone else has used something similar that they can recommend??