Service Magic

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidecutter

Reaction score
Hi I have had this company contact me regarding selling leads to me. They offer to send you a number of leads each month for which you pay them a fee. Work is a bit on the lean side and in theory it sounds good but it bothers me thatby the time you have added the cost of the lead onto small jobs it would make the price too dear on small jobs. I dont want to end up lining somebody elses pocket for leads that do me no good.

Has anybody had any dealings with them

Interesting.

I keep getting pestered by Service Magic (same company or did the OP miss type it?)

I get emails nearly every day with "sample" jobs, just telling me what the job is and the postcode but no details to follow the lead unless you pay up to join.

The sad thing is very very few of the leads they send me are anywhere close. Most are 100 or more miles away.  So it's not doing a very good job of representing what I might get if I paid up.

Whenever they phone me I just say "I'm sorry I'm to busy to speak now"

Last edited by a moderator:
Sidecutter ,  be afraid...be very afraid.... in fact run away from them as if all the Demons of Hell :eek: are resurrected and trying to drag you through the Gates of Hades
default_Out%20of%20depth.gif
  where a host of Wailing Banshees
default_God%20no.gif
  are waiting to sink their teeth into your human flesh and rip it from the bones in a screaming feeding frenzy . 

Sidecutter ,  be afraid...be very afraid.... in fact run away from them as if all the Demons of Hell :eek: are resurrected and trying to drag you through the Gates of Hades
default_Out%20of%20depth.gif
  where a host of Wailing Banshees
default_God%20no.gif
  are waiting to sink their teeth into your human flesh and rip it from the bones in a screaming feeding frenzy .
Well, reading between the lines, what you are saying is .......

:) .....ermm ....   I wouldn't bother with them Mr Sidcutter .   Got a bit evangelical there !!!

In fact Sidecutter ..... I wouldn't entertain any of these things including agencies TBH .      I've had two outfits contacting me saying they can pass on all this work in North Birmingham ............oh yes ...like I'm the only one they will be doing that for .  An opening offer was a rewire in Leicester   ... not exactly North Birmingham .

Most advertising is a waste of money  , side of your van is excellent , people get used to seeing you about .    Its about building up contacts, who you know, who knows you ,  recommendations from customers , don't upset them ., don't rip them off , always deal straight with people.   Things are getting slightly better I think .  

Last edited by a moderator:
well since I am on their sample list (to try and get me to sign up) I did a little test.

Using another email address, I went to servicemagic.co.uk as a potential new customer, asking for a quote for the full wiring of my new house.

Within 2 minutes, an email landed in my other in box telling me of this new "work request"

So that proves the tasters I am getting are genuine I guess.