short circuit breaking capacity

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetrader

Reaction score
Hi,

this may seem a simple question, but when you have MCB's some at 6000 and some at 4500, which value do you record on the schedule of inspections at *4 Short-circuit capacity .....KA

In the middle of 2330 L3 testing and inspection exams.

Thanks

:|

Hi, this may seem a simple question, but when you have MCB's some at 6000 and some at 4500, which value do you record on the schedule of inspections at *4 Short-circuit capacity .....KA

In the middle of 2330 L3 testing and inspection exams.

Thanks

:|
you accessing the forum through your phone? We will not condone cheating. Ask us after the exam ;)

Hello and welcome the the forum :)

In an ideal world all the MCB's would be the same. However in the real world I would record the lowest value ie 4.5kA.

Do you mean Schedule of TEST RESULTS??? I have never seen info such as this on a Schedule of INSPECTIONS. The Inspec's sheet is generally tick boxes only.

Regards, Neil

cant remember this of schedule of inspections either.

depending on test certs used, some have a column for them so you can have rating of each breaker, otherwise stick the lowest as barbaricduck says

HI,

YEA SORRY MENT SCHEDULE OF TEST RESULTS NERVES ARE GETTING THE BETTER OF ME AT THE MO.

BUT THANKS FOR THE REPLIES,

EXAM IS TOMORROW,

CHEERS

Pray

You also have to put them down if you have a circuit diagram for each installation.

ie:-

Circuit Type of wiring csa L csa e number of points overcurrent device

Sockets T&E 2.5 1.5 7 32amp 6Ka 30mA.

If you get my meaning.

Well

got through exam ok, put down the lowest value, that was correct.

I was also verbally asked about which value as well.

Thanks to all. :Y

Our lecturer has told us to enter the highest.

IE: If you have a mixure of breakers, 6kA and 10kA, we are told to enter the Highest of 10kA.

Latest posts