Shower switches

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NozSpark

Seaman stains™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got called out to a job today,,, their shower switch had burn't out and their plumber had swapped it,,,, after a while it wouldn't work,,,, I wonder why????????

6107031788_d154ca4249.jpg

6106485365_78ab409c3d.jpg

And they wondered why the shower circuits MCB tripped out

Erm..cos the plumber didnt have the right size cable to replace the orginal one that got damaged when the switch burnt! Not too mention his carp installation method.

Recently i had to replace a shower switch which had burnt out, the plumber (not sure if he was qualified but was friend of customer) put in a new shower which still didnt work...until I changed the burnt switch.

Oooh thats a particulaly bad un. Do see a lot of problems with showers. See burnt out shower switches all the time, usually an overrated shower has been fitted without rewiring by a plumber/bathroom fitter/tiler/builder. 9 times out of 10 the neutral insulation gives way causing numerous problems depending when you get to it.

I did break a crabtree switch when tightning the cpc's the terminal turned round and broke the plastic one to go back to SF.