Siemens Touch Panel

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OnOff

Mad Inventor™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not my site but took a call from a mate. He's just taken over a service contract which has Siemens Touch Panels on. Seems the outgoing service company has password protected one of the panels. I know the guy who originally installed the kit and he reckons nothing was password protected so it's been done since.

Siemens have themselves been in and tried various "stock" passwords without success. Said "it's not company policy" to hack it either.

From what I'm reading you can reset the unit to factory default settings i.e. no password but in doing so lose the "project" on the panel.

Any clever tricks for getting the data out?

Cheers

Can anyone assist me with fitting a new Touch Panel to replace a smashed one?

I have tried plugging the new one and pressing transfer nothing happens just a loader window shown and doing nothing.

Thanks

Gethyn,

What panel do you have, and what control is it on, do you have a backup of the old panel screens etc.

We may be able to give you some ideas.

Welcome to the forum.

Gethyn,

What panel do you have, and what control is it on, do you have a backup of the old panel screens etc.

Welcome to the forum.
Gethyn,

Welcome to the forum.
Hi,

Thanks, was not sure of anyone would reply due to the date someone last posted. Thanks for this but this is what i have as screens:

Current Panel That is Installed But Smashed : TP 170A

Now i have a TP170B Colour which is locked due to some idiot playing round before and we dont know the password and ive purchased a new one TP177A

What control is it on? Im not sure And no i dont have backups

Thanks.

Just desperate times production is on a stop and things :/

Can you please post the full Siemens type code numbers for the both panels.

I am now guessing that you have an S5 or S7 hanging off it?

Via serial, or via what?

MPI, PPI?

You don't have a back up of the HMI programme?

Does the old unit still power up?

Do you have comms software to talk to the HMI?

Can you please post the full Siemens type code numbers for the both panels.

I am now guessing that you have an S5 or S7 hanging off it?

Via serial, or via what?

MPI, PPI?

You don't have a back up of the HMI programme?

Does the old unit still power up?

Do you have comms software to talk to the HMI?
Smashed one: 6AV6 545-0BA15- 2AX0

Locked Screen: 6AV6 545-0BC15 - 2AX0

New Screen:     6AV6 642-0AA11- 0AX1

From the RS port goes into the PLC then

I havent got a backup of nothing and yes still powers up and can see just cant interact due to the touch glass smashes.

Software i havent got either. The machine was just installed with the screen and end of

How do i find these things out?

If you give me a list of things you want ill try and get them off the PLC tomorrow, TBH i havent looked inside the cabinet

OK, the port on the screen is the one that the cable is plugged in to, it should be labelled, the pic at the start of the thread will give you an idea, i.e. RS422/485, MPI/PPI, RS232 etc.

The dip switch settings on the unit would be useful.

What PLC is connected to the unit?

What was it doing?

What programming software, leads devices do you have for the screen?

Is the machine builder still in business?

How did it get broken?

Was it working fine before it was broken?

Do you have machine schematics, & PLC backup for the equipment?

Is this your kit, your employers, or is it a paying job?

There will probably be a dozen more questions to follow!

Please answer as much as you can tonight, that way I can at least hone the questions so perhaps you can get the right answers tomorrow.

OK, the port on the screen is the one that the cable is plugged in to, it should be labelled, the pic at the start of the thread will give you an idea, i.e. RS422/485, MPI/PPI, RS232 etc.

The dip switch settings on the unit would be useful.

What PLC is connected to the unit?

What was it doing?

What programming software, leads devices do you have for the screen?

Is the machine builder still in business?

How did it get broken?

Was it working fine before it was broken?

Do you have machine schematics, & PLC backup for the equipment?

Is this your kit, your employers, or is it a paying job?

There will probably be a dozen more questions to follow!

Please answer as much as you can tonight, that way I can at least hone the questions so perhaps you can get the right answers tomorrow.

Ok yes it has that cable there same colour and everything, not sure of labels on it as im not there now.

Dip Switches again will have to verify tomorrow.

In terms of what PLC is connected to the unit. what do you want make and model?

What the Touch Screen and PLC does is its used on a ICE Cream machine which dozes out the ice cream from liquid mix. From this panel you varied the speed and thickness etc.

Programming software and lead devices nothing else came with it. So not sure. Must have software somehwere which loads the controls for the machine?

Machine Builder is Tetra Pak which at the moment dont have much interest.

How did it get broken..... well touch screen and some temper!!!

No Schematics or backups

The machine is a friends we help out.

It was working perfectly untill some idiot smashed the screen

Well if it is a purple cable it is most likely RS485 or MPI/PPI or profibus dp (most likely), so I would go for an S7 the other end of it.

So yes the 6xxx number of the card that the cable from the HMI is connected to would help, if it is Siemens, else yes the full detail of the card whatever make connected to the cable.

Why are TetraPak not interested?

Well if it is a purple cable it is most likely RS485 or MPI/PPI or profibus dp (most likely), so I would go for an S7 the other end of it.

So yes the 6xxx number of the card that the cable from the HMI is connected to would help, if it is Siemens, else yes the full detail of the card whatever make connected to the cable.

Why are TetraPak not interested?
Ill try my best to get these tomorrow. They are just slow at replying back with an answer or a new screen for over £1k.

Is it going to be a big and hard job to get the new screen to work then?

On the screen dip switches are all up

Ive asked for some photos as im not there today. See what they get and if they are of any use

photo3_zpsaac5df48.jpg

photo2_zps7a4283e5.jpg

photo1_zps2f35f7e4.jpg