simultaneous AC output from string inverter & AC coupled battery?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladerunnerpv

Reaction score
Hi folks, simple query I hope

Option 1
some panels
Growatt (or other) 5kW string inverter,
Givenergy AIO 13.5kWh battery & gateway which IIRC has 6kW output

total AC output possible is 11kW?
and can run in backup mode during a power cut to supply PV energy and/or battery energy

If you have a system with a string inverter and an AC coupled hybrid with battery can you get power from solar and from battery simultaneously (if the demand load is sufficient of course)?

Option 2
some panels
Givenergy 5kWh hybrid inverter with 9.5kWh battery

total AC output possible is 5kW?
because output from the DC coupled battery and the PV are capped by the inverter AC output rate of 5kW?

My brain is dead tired and I think I'm missing an important detail here, I think I've temporarily forgotten everything I've learned from the forum...

thanks all

Hi folks, simple query I hope

If you have a system with a string inverter and an AC coupled hybrid with battery can you get power from solar and from battery simultaneously (if the demand load is sufficient of course)?

My brain is dead tired and I think I'm missing an important detail here, I think I've temporarily forgotten everything I've learned from the forum...

thanks all
I do, I have my Growatt Inverter / Battery and Solar PV as one system, my DIY battery and Victron inverter as the other system and both work together fine. At times of high demand, the Growatt will max out at 3kW on the batteries or 6kW if theres enough solar, Victron supply up to a rated 5 kW but I seen it running at 9 kW for quite a while (Over 200 Amps on the DC)

thanks John, your case is similar to what I'm thinking but you have two batteries, I'm thinking of only one battery and connected to the AC coupled hybrid. I'll draw a diagram later, dont have time right now...

Latest posts