Solar equivalant of mortgage approved in principle

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bladerunnerpv

Reaction score
Received a quote for an east west 8.7kWp system.

Supplier charges an amount for dno Gxx paperwork, which seems reasonable in principle, but it got me thinking whether Dno would comment in advance of likelihood of accepting a submission and its level of grid export, a bit like a lender approving your mortgage in principle before you put an offer on a property

Local dno website says will accept 5kW export by default.

Phoned the dno up to see if I could get a steer on how much export they might accept, yep 5kW no problem.

I was enquiring if I told them the headline system spec if it was possible to do the solar equivalent of a mortgage approved in principle to save wasting time and money on a detailed gXX form which might not be accepted, but they wouldn't be drawn on that! Need to see the details they said!

Got a verbal opinion though that they'd be surprised if an 8 to 9kWp system was refused unless the street had lots of pv systems already

I'm sure it depends on some location specific parameters but it seems like the system is not very transparent.

I'm sure solar pv companies have an idea from previous submissons of what will go through and what won't but would be nice if it was clearer to the prospective buyer in advance.

Is there anywhere you can see what pv systems have been accepted - or rejected- by dnos on the various gxx forms for example? I haven't found anything yet...

Latest posts