Solar pre wire

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dickyboy8

Reaction score
Just in the middle of building my own house and at the end of electrical first fix. In the future me and the missus would look to install solar but in the mean time pre wire for it.
The CU Is in the utility/plant room with all the air source heat pump tanks etc. Ideally I'd like to install the inverter up in the room in the attic. I'm thinking of running 6mm UpTo the attic for this and also cat6, is there anything else I need to consider running??
Ideally id like to run the DC cables for the panels to the point at where the inverter will go but speaking to people I've been advised not to.
I would like and eddi for my hot water tank, What does this connect to and is there cable I need to pre install for it.
Thanks for any advice

For anticipated but undefined requirements like that why not just run in some 20 or 25 mm plastic conduit. So cheap it doesn't matter if it's never used. You want separate ones for power and data.