Solar PV quote

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooSH

Reaction score
Hi I've been really struggling to get local suppliers to quote for my planned PV system due to be so busy, and don't really want to go for a multinational, I'm really happy with the only company that has quoted's proposal, but the cost is more than I was expecting. They've quoted

20 X ja solar - JAM54S31-395/MR
1 X Solis 6kw inverter
2 X PureStorage II Battery 5kWh
1 X my energy zappi
1 X my energy Eddi

I've been quoted nearly £21k

Does this sound reasonable?

Hi I've been really struggling to get local suppliers to quote for my planned PV system due to be so busy, and don't really want to go for a multinational, I'm really happy with the only company that has quoted's proposal, but the cost is more than I was expecting. They've quoted

1 X Solis 6kw inverter
1 X my energy zappi
1 X my energy Eddi

It short, no.

1 X Solis 6kw inverter
1 X my energy zappi
1 X my energy Eddi

It seems high to me, whilst not the same I had 16 x Hyundai Panels, Growatt 6kW Inverter, Growatt 7kW battery, EDDI, ZAPPI and HARVI installed for under £12k. I can put you in touch with the company I used if you wish, they were very good at the design and install was done by local sub contractors.

I need to get hold of some more quotes locally to compare, it's just so difficult getting them out. But I've priced up that equipment and it's about £10k so £10k materials and labour seems extremely steep

1 X Solis 6kw inverter
1 X my energy zappi
1 X my energy Eddi

Yes it is costly but as you say they can choose the jobs they want at the moment I would say £15000 max also if you want SEG payments they must be MCS or Flexi-Orb registered