Solar setup advice please

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of battery prices, have a look in the for sale section on the forum, I'm selling some at less than half price.

Yeh that's the way I understand it.

A full 0 to 100% charge/discharge hammers them, let's say it takes away 1% of its life.

But then a lesser volume cycle will reduce the life by less, so giving effectively more cycles, let's say 50 to 100% reduces battery life by 0.5%, then 80 to 100% reduces the life by 0.2%, etc.
It's how they have got the charge cycles upto 6000, by limiting the depth of discharge, and trickle charging at low and high charge levels. Surprisingly complicated things are batteries 😃

It's how they have got the charge cycles upto 6000, by limiting the depth of discharge, and trickle charging at low and high charge levels. Surprisingly complicated things are batteries 😃
Yeh, my batteries claim 6k cycles, but with a DOD of 80%.

I'd love to know how Givenergy are doing it, they offer something like 10 year, 100% DOD, unlimited cycle warranty.

Yeh, my batteries claim 6k cycles, but with a DOD of 80%.

I'd love to know how Givenergy are doing it, they offer something like 10 year, 100% DOD, unlimited cycle warranty.
I havent checked that make, but usually when claiming 100% dod, the batteries are actually a larger capacity than stated, usually 10-20%, so they can then get away with the 100% advertising, not technically true though.

Latest posts