Solaredge battery

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nigel52

Reaction score
I have a solaredge battery on order and had heard they would be announcing soon capability to auto switch to EPS mode upto 3kw in the event of grid failure. Does anyone know about this please?

Just seen that Solaredge have announced new training courses for their installers that include powering from PV and battery when grid is down. I have been wanting this ever since my solaredge system was installed. Anyone know any more about this?

Going to play devils advocate here, since July 2022 Nigel52 how many power outages have you suffered in Poole and how long a duration?
My Solis inverter has the capability of running on when the grid fails but I personally really don't consider the feature worthy of the extra work involved to implement it correctly in the UK unless you are the only house for miles. :)

Going to play devils advocate here, since July 2022 Nigel52 how many power outages have you suffered in Poole and how long a duration?
My Solis inverter has the capability of running on when the grid fails but I personally really don't consider the feature worthy of the extra work involved to implement it correctly in the UK unless you are the only house for miles. :)
Very good point. Supply been very stable. Also been very pleased with installation and battery usage also using EDDI. In April system generally ran the house, charged battery, topped up immersion and threw away a few free Kilowatts to the grid.

Very good point. Supply been very stable. Also been very pleased with installation and battery usage also using EDDI. In April system generally ran the house, charged battery, topped up immersion and threw away a few free Kilowatts to the grid.
Probably not worth bothering with then, unless we go to war with Russia...

I have customers who live out in the countryside who suffer regular power cuts, for them the UPS feature is useful. But even they are only off grid for a few hours normally.

Just seen that Solaredge have announced new training courses for their installers that include powering from PV and battery when grid is down. I have been wanting this ever since my solaredge system was installed. Anyone know any more about this?
It wont automatically do it, if it did it would be exporting power back into the grid and potentially causing danger to grid workmen. Im sure your inverter will an APS output, it's this that can be used to power equipment in the event of a grid outage. It is also possible to install and automatic changeover switch to make this happen without user intervention. My Victron inverter switches over my whole house onto EPS which then in turn enables the Growatt inverter to continue. It takes about 1.5 seconds to do the change over.
It is definitely an inverter function rather than a battery option and it will need external equipment to work.

Latest posts