spade bits for drilling joists

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just noticed DEPTH COLLARS and this is their description

''collars are designed to fit around drill bits & enable holes to be drilled to a consistant depth time after time. Ideal for dowels & cavity fixing.''

or to stop you hitting a pipe :^O :^O :^O :coat

I prefer auger bits, no particular make though the screwfix erbauer ones are reasonably priced.

I just bought an Apache wood bit, very good. Also use the auger type but they are ruined if you hit a nail. Still use a lot of spade bits (better quality ones) I found I can sharpen them on my bench grinder as long as you follow the original angle.

Deke

I just bought an Apache wood bit, very good. Also use the auger type but they are ruined if you hit a nail. Still use a lot of spade bits (better quality ones) I found I can sharpen them on my bench grinder as long as you follow the original angle.Deke
you can sharpen augur bits aswell. bit more of a challenge than flat bit though!

Apache you seem to be a oracle of tool knowledge

Any ideas where I can get a good set of Arrows??? :D ; \

you can get a set of these direct from the RAF

Red_Arrows_Forma.jpg

I had to drill through a couple of joists today and couldn't find a decent bit in the toolbox so ended up down Jewsons (robdogs) and they only had Bosch flat bits - bloody hell they chew through wood !!!! Not cheap but fast !!!!