strobe on SL compact

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steptoe

of course Im wrong, ask my wife™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
got a strobe continually strobing on an SL compact,

seems to be one of the accenta family, everything looks the same.

new bell box, new battery, new keypad,

problem still existing.

any ideas?

Ive just left the strobe trigger disconnected at the minute cos it is continuous.

Well first job would be to test what is making it do it rather than replacing bits, unless you were changing those anyway?

Actually no, first job is just press 'reset'.

If you have disconnected the strobe trigger at the panel then it is the panel that is triggering it. I'm assuming the system is reset and in day mode and all works fine other than the strobe flashing? If so, crash it and reprogram. If it still does it disconnect everything and then crash it again. Connect only the keypad and then check the strobe trigger terminal. If there's a voltage there, panel is knackered.

thanks Lurch,

yes, was replacing those anyway, its for my boss, his wife wanted new shiny keypad etc, and the bellbox was hanging off wall, battery in panel was all corroded so needed changed anyway, I only went to tune in a new digi TV and got roped into loads of stuff, (they are a building firm)when she said strobe was continually flashing for about past 4 weeks.!

tried engineers reset, maybe try a crash and total factory reset as you suggest.

Anti tamper switch?

Sometimes there is a little tag on the box that should meet a switch. Sometimes they have a switch on a screw, if the screw holding the box on is too short, it doesn't work the switch.

Anti tamper switch?Sometimes there is a little tag on the box that should meet a switch. Sometimes they have a switch on a screw, if the screw holding the box on is too short, it doesn't work the switch.
Removing the wore from the panel wouldn't stop that from being an issue, and the back tampers on bells will trigger bells and strobe anyway, and would also indicate a tamper fault at the panel.