Subbies going to the yard and carrying materials around in a car.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And even then it pays to check the small print carrying goods owned by another company / employer may not be covered by a standard business use policy or be specifcally excluded as it may be looked on as carrying goods for "hire or reward" which would need a goods in transit endorsement.
I had this issue a number of years ago we did a lot of installation work for a comms company and would quite often be carrying their kit / goods to site to install and found that standard business use cover didn't fully cover us
With insurance it pays to check EXACTLY what the cover you have covers you for and not wait until you need to make a claim and find the insurance company wriggling out of paying also make sure you have all the details in writing

On a side note we had a job about 25 years ago that needed us to take one of our vehicles airside at a midlands airport the client required us to have third party insurance cover of £20m to do this, after an interesting conversation with our broker we were quoted £1000 for 3 days cover as an extension to the normal vehicle policy
As a retired Loss Adjuster who often had to break bad news such as described, that is very appropriate advice

And if they ask you to take waste away that is a big NO. You won't want plod asking to see your waste carriers licence.

Always worth checking you insurance small print, I drove around France for years thinking my Full Comp insurance covered me, not realising it reverted to TPF&T as soon as I left the UK.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.